My New Years Resolutions 2018

By EmilyCooper - December 31, 2017



I generally go into the new year with no resolutions or nothing to really get me going (although I do have a baby now), but this year I have decided to really go for it! After 9 months of being pregnant of 2017 and 3 months of taking a new role on being a new mummy I need to set aside something for myself to achieve. Don't get me wrong 9 months of growing a baby is really something to be proud of, but now I have my body back (well nearly) I want to get motivated, cause oh my it can be so easy to sit on the sofa with a newborn watching TV and doing erm... nothing ha ha! So now 2018 is approaching and my little girl is nearly 4 months I can really start to get moving in all directions and yes that does mean leaving the sofa!!

My Resolutions -


  • Get fitter 
  • Eat healthier 
  • Take long walks 
  • Try new things 
  • Learn to love cooking 
So my first one is "get fit". It kinda says it all in the title, but I feel that since I had my little girl I haven't totally got my body back to how it was and I do know this will take time but it really doesn't help when I go to the cupboards to find bars and bars of chocolate or silly amounts of crisps all screaming at me to eat them! And some days the sofa just calls me to place my bum on it and sit there all day, especially the nights Amelia doesn't have a good sleep it so looks appealing! But no I need to get out, get going and get fitter, even if this means putting the baby in her buggy and off for a walk. That's fitness right??

I suppose this then rolls into the next. "Eating healthier". When I go shopping I need to avoid all isle that say "big fat calorie food down here". I need to either opt for online shopping or wear blinkers! I must admit I have the biggest sweet tooth in the whole world but it is so getting me into trouble. I need to somehow convert into finding fruit and veg as appealing, I'm not sure how its going to work but I shall try!

"Taking long walks", I'm a lover for the country side (not so much my husband) but I shall try convert him! I think this is because I live in a seaside town so getting out into the country is very rare. But I really do need to do it more, there is nothing better than walking in a woodland or country side smelling the crisp air and just enjoying nothing but the company around you. Everyone now days, including me are so unsociable cause we live permanently attached to our phones, we can hardly hold a conversation!! So country side walks are a must!

I guess I kinda have already started this one, "trying new things". Like my first post said, iv been thinking of blogging for a long time now and I just never did, I think it was fear of just being in the open. But a couple of weeks ago I just thought, why not? Just go for it, find that little space were you can just write and express your love for your life and put it on the web! And if its just me that reads it then so what, its my little space and that's all that counts right? I'm very much stick to what I know and I mean that's great but sometimes I think getting out my own little bubble and trying different things in life will do me good. 

"Learn to love cooking", I don't no what it is but I just don't find cooking appealing, and I don't no if that's cause my husband has always cooked for me since we have moved out I'm not sure. But there are some days were I think, I really should learn to love cooking cause it would be great to cook him a meal once in a while! I love baking, that's fun! Cooking meat just doesn't appeal to me, its actually quite scary cause I'm the sort of person that would give you food poisoning!! ha ha! On a serious note I will pay more attention to my husband in the kitchen and get him helping me to cook, if baking is fun surly cooking will be right? 



So that's it, my resolutions. I'm sure if I fail you will know about it ha ha! 

Anyways what will yours be, let me know ???

Emily x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments