My Newborn Must Haves

By EmilyCooper - January 03, 2018

My little girl is nearly 4 months old now and I have discovered so many things on the way that I couldn't have lived with out. These purchases were so worth the money! There are so many different things on the market these days to buy and I never really new how many products for babies you can get, some just not for me and others just pure genius. When I first started shopping for her I didn't really know were to start so I just started to Google and look up different products, and yes I did come across so many and it so confused me, and I brought things because I didn't really no what was buying and I would so not recommend them. I also am still coming across so many products as she gets older but I thought I would tell you the products that I thought were so worth purchasing when she was a newborn. So here goes!

Snuzpod 
Now I looked and looked for different cribs, side beds and I never really found one I loved. I looked at swinging cribs, Chicco next to me bed, the bassinets but they really just weren't for me. Then my nan actually said to me about the Snuzpod, and well that was it as soon as I saw it I loved it and that was the bed I wanted. It was perfect, plain and simple. It comes straight up to the bed, you can have the side up or down, you can take the top off if you want to use it downstairs, it also slightly rocks. Its just my favourite product. The Snuzpod comes in different colours and also very modern. I went for the white one to match my bedroom furniture and its gender neutral so if I have a boy next time its perfect!



Sleepyhead
This product is either a like it or you don't, and I wanted one for my little baby. I liked the idea it kept her safe and secure in one place. It was cosy and personally my baby loved it. Amelia was small born and if I didn't have this she would have been so small in her Snuzpod. She loves it still and sleeps better being snug. 



Swaddle  Pods
I was always told about swaddling your newborn baby when they sleep but I wasn't very good at doing it with a blanket and every time I did I would always find she wriggled her way out of them so I decided to not do it. So, I purchased a couple of swaddle pods. They are like little sacks you zip your little baby up in and kept them feeling safe and secure. It also stops them from startling themselves when they sleep, so it was great cause that’s what she always used to do!!!



Changing table 
I could not live with out this I love mine, I actually still use mine now. I can't bare the fact of laying her down on the floor hurting my back as well trying to change her so I just run her up plonk her on the table and change her. Happy days! My nappies are all there, the creams, everything I need all in one place. 



WaterWipes 
To start off with the health visitors like you to use water and cotton wool which is what I did for a couple of weeks until I came across water wipes, these are amazing and I do still use them now sometimes. I definitely keep a pack hanging around. They are very watery and just so gentle on the delicate newborn skin. 




BabyGrows 
So my little girl was tiny when she was born and the thought of putting dresses or leggings and tops on her was painful. I did attempt many of times but after an hour or so I gave up and changed her into a baby grow. You cant go wrong, they open all the way down if you need them off in a hurry or just unbutton the bottom for changing the bum. You can get them in different styles, colours, patterns and there just what you need. Loads of them! ha ha!




Baby Sling 
My little girl always wanted to be with me and on my chest and getting anything done around the house was near on impossible. So I invested in a baby wrap, this was amazing, just popped her in and got on with what I needed to do. Its also good if you don't want to take your buggy out with you, just pop the baby in and off you go. The wraps/slings I would definitely recommend, I actually invested in more and have 3 different ones now, This innoobaby, Baby Bojorn and a Man Tai Sling, all excellent. 



So these are my best newborn must haves! What are yours?

Emily x












  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments