My Go To Morning Breakfast Of The Year

By EmilyCooper - January 24, 2018

New year, New start, breakfasts becoming more healthier, though don't hate me for loving bit of comfort food now and again! However these are what I have been loving so far -

Golden Syrup Porridge -
Generally not the healthiest but defiantly needed this time of year, especially when you look outside and it's freezing cold, it's wet and horrible and you just need something to warm you up. It's very filling and takes me all the way through till lunch time! Depending were I shop I usually get Aldi Golden Syrup porridge, if not then I will get Quaker Oats, Oat So Simple Golden Syrup. To be fair I don't think you can taste the difference between them! It's making me feel hungry talking about it! Mmmm Yummy!!



Greek Yogurt And Berries -
Now I've just started eating this and I so had to tell you all about it, oh its actually so scrumptious. Greek yogurt on its own is not nice at all its all sour, but add some berries and a dash of honey and well, you have a wonderful thing! I do however find you don't need a lot its quite filling and its definitely healthier than my used to be coco pops ha ha!! To make this I use 3 heap tbsp of 0% Fat Free Greek Yogurt, a tsp of Aldi's own honey and 2 tbsp of Very Berry Granola, now that's the amount I like, but you can have any amount you like if you want more or less!


Smoothies-
Now I have taken a love towards smoothies, generally in summer they are amazingly fresh and cold and I prefer them light, but through the winter there definitely a go to healthier breakfast but I do have to make them creamier, thick and filling. So at the moment I'm in to berries and I guess there my go to fruit, although I need to branch out more and try different ones but this one is so lovely and so simple, all you need is frozen berries, fat free berry yogurt and some honey. You don't actually have to add the honey but I find it can be bitter without. When it comes to making this there is no set amount of what to put in, so I "gestimate"... sometimes its great doing that but others not so, but for this smoothie I don't think you can go wrong, so throw it all in and see what you get!!


These are my fav's at the moment, whats your fave?

Emily xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments