Amelia's 5 Month Update

By EmilyCooper - February 18, 2018

5 months! Were has 5 months gone, I actually can not believe it! I couldn't imagine my life without her, and I would not want to, she is my absolute world!! Her character is starting to show, and its so funny, she is a little madam as well (which she gets from her daddy). Actually she's like her daddy in many different ways, ha ha! 


So Amelia's evening routine is still going well, if she's not in bed by 7.30 she cries, and when I say cries, I mean screams, refuses to drink her bottle and has a right paddy! Anything past this time and I find I cant settle her at all! So I would say we have cracked that one, which I am happy about because I love to put her to bed and chill out for the evening, or get on with some housework!!

However her sleeping is now all over the place, she's not sleeping through the night, and to be fair I don't expect her to but it would be nice! I think she's done it 2-3 times but that's it! Her sleeping has actually got worse. I generally give her a dream feed about 10-10.30, but then she has started to wake up at 1 and 5 for a feed! As before she was down to sleep at 7.30, no dream feed and woke at 3! So I'm actually annoyed I started a dream feed at 10 because now I  I have made it worse. The first couple of times it was a "dream feed" and now she just wakes up at that time, so now i can't stop it, if I don't give it to her she cries! HELP!!


She is now well and truly into her 3-6 month clothing, some of it actually is a little tight. Crazy how in a month she has grown so much! She's actually a right little chunk who loves her feed, although she won't take more than 5oz at a time, which can be annoying cause I end up giving her lots of bottles! I'm thinking like 6-8 a day!!

She has now mastered grabbing everything! I feel like such a proud mummy! Everything we give her, toy wise or just anything she holds it all so well, and it actually all goes into her mouth! 

Now weaning is a conversation I've had to have with my HV, people may have different views on this but this is what I have had to start doing. She has been showing all the signs of weaning, her feeding routine has increased a lot, she's sitting up well, and grabbing for everything that comes in her way. Now I'm not planning to replace meals, I'm just giving her a taste of all the vegetables, just to try and she's actually loving it! It's very messy but fun!


We haven't got any teeth yet but the dribbling is crazy! A bib, Bonjela and my fingers are definitely her best friends. She's not a massive fan of chewing her teething toys, and I have paid out so much to get her different ones, I really shouldn't have bothered! I think the textures feel funny in her mouth by the look of the faces she pulls. 

Her sleeping arrangements are still the same, she still is sleeping in our room, however I've just put the side of her Snuzpod up and she's out grown her sleepyhead deluxe. She's now more of a stretch yourself out kind of girl. So my next step before she goes in her room is to move her cot away from my bed! I think when myself and my husband go up to bed at night we wake her up! So I think she could be moving in her room soon! She might sleep better then! 


The Dummy!! Now I put 2 exclamation marks because up until now its been fine! But now its becoming a problem, she looks for it in the night half asleep shouting waking us up and I've tried taking it away from her but the poor little bubba loves it, screams for it! I kind of wish I never gave it to her!! How do I get rid of it now though?

If you guys have any ideas or solution for me, id be more than happy to take them!

Emily xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments