Amelia's Turned 6Months

By EmilyCooper - March 14, 2018

Please can someone just stop the clock, turn back time. Do something because watching her get bigger and bigger is freaking me out! I want my little tiny baby back!!! Although she is pretty dam cute now, getting a personality and making me giggle 24/7! My little princess (monster really)! When she is a toddler... I feel sorry for her friends, she is going to be the bossy one I'm afraid, Maybe she will take after her mummy after all Ha Ha!! 


- Eating Solids
If you have read Amelia's 5Month update you will know that I started to wean her early, and for the first couple of tries she loved it, then the next couple of weeks she just wasn't interested. So I decided to stop and left it until now! The difference between then and now is amazing. She doesn't just want the food I give her she reaches to me for my food to! I have just been going for it, giving her everything to try, and she is loving it! I'm trying the Baby Led weaning, but am also spoon feeding her some yogurt and other bits I want her to try and its working. She loves picking up food, sucking it to death but will also let me spoon feed her or do it herself to. It has actually amazes me the coordination skills she has. I feel like such a proud mumma! 


- Cradle Cap
I feel like Amelia got this quite late actually, or maybe its pretty normal. I think she got it around 3 and half months and I have only just managed to clear it now! One of my friends recommended dentinox cradle cap shampoo and its actually the best thing I have used, I generally give her a bath everyday just so I can wash her hair with it, just to keep it away. Now that it has cleared up, her hair is coming through so thick, whether it was the cradle cap stopping it or not, I think the shampoo has definitely helped! 

- Rolling over
Over the past couple of days Amelia has just started to roll over and its so exciting to see her starting to move onto the next step In her growing journey. She wont sit in aided, but she can roll! I'm hoping the sitting up will come at some point,  but I think she needs to build her tummy muscles up! Hopefully with her rolling over now this will help her build up the strength to start being able to sit! I'm never going to be able to leave her for a second now! 



- Sleeping
Her sleeping over the past month I think has improved a little bit, she goes down to sleep around 7-7.30, dream feed around 10ish, and she will then wake around 2-3 o'clock and then back down till between 6-7 o'clock. In between she does shout out sometimes for her dummy but once that's back in she is back fast asleep. Now she has got to the 6th month mark she is more than capable to sleep through the night, so the 2-3 o'clock feed I'm going to see if I can drop and incorporate the extra oz into her day feeds, or maybe ill let her drop it when she needs it. I'm not 100% sure what to do, but I'm sure she is old enough to be able to sleep through the night now! I don't mind getting up and doing her a night feed, but a full nights sleep would also be great! ha ha!

- Eczema
Ever since Amelia was a tiny little baby she has had a little bit of eczema, and now and again she has flare ups and I feel so sad for her. It's mostly on her face and now its starting to come on her arms and a little bit on her chest, I did get some cream from the doctors and that works wonders on her face but was not helping on her other bits, so I got recommended "Dream Cream" from Lush. Not only does it smell amazing but it's an amazing cream, it has made her skin so soft and on days when is it sore I coat her in it more than once a day and it just goes away! I have recommended this to other people now and they can not believe how well it has helped their children. Lush, whatever you do please do not get rid of this product!! Us mums love you for it!!


I feel like these updates are just rolling around so quick! I'm loving tracking and updating everyone on how she is progressing! I love reading back over the months to see what new things she is able to do! When people say to you, "enjoy them, they grow up to quick" it's so true. She may only be 6 months old but I don't no were the time is going!! 

Let me know if you have a little bubba that's growing as quickly as mine! 

Emily xx


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments