D.I.Y Easter Treats

By EmilyCooper - March 31, 2018

Happy Easter guys, I hope you all have a fab day! I can't wait to sit and eat some yummy chocolate, followed by a week away!But before all of that I thought I would inspire you with my Easter treats! 

Chocolate Easter Eggs (D.I.Y)

When I was out shopping the other week I came across some Easter bits and bobs in Hobby Craft and I got all excited and D.I.Y happy! I thought why not make some Easter Eggs of my own with a little bit of a twist! So this it what I came up with and they actually turned out AMAZING! Not blowing my own trumpet or anything but I couldn't be any happier with them! (I think I need to be more creative more often) I love a bit of D.I.Y!

What you will need -

  • Chocolate Easter Egg Moulds (Hobby Craft)
  • Dairy Milk & Milky Bar Chocolate  
  • Easter Inspired Ribbon
  • Cupcake Boxes
  • Smarties

- Place the large egg mould onto a flat surface, I put them onto a baking tray so they were easy to move. Melt the dairy milk chocolate in the microwave ensuring you do 1 min intervals to not burn the chocolate. Once the chocolate is melted grab a spoon and start to evenly cover the moulds until the chocolate is about 0.5cm thick. Once done place the tray into the fridge to cool. 

- Once cool, turn over the moulds onto a clean flat surface and carefully remove trying not to break them, on one side of the egg, tip some Smarties enough for your satisfaction and spread some left over melted chocolate on the edge of the egg. Place the other side of the egg on the top and gently push them together until stuck and place back in the fridge until set. 

- Wrap some Easter inspired ribbon around the outside and pop into a cupcake box! There you go, you have some home made Easter eggs with a surprise in the middle! If you want more than one just repeat and even change the chocolate to Milky bar and create some little ones tooo! 

They are such a cute gift for friends or relatives over Easter! Hurry up and get making! If you do tag me on Instagram, I would love to see them!





Tanya Burr Inspired Easter Rice Krispies Cakes 

I actually got this recipe from the 'Tanya Bakes' By Tanya Burr, as I have just received this for mothers day and I couldn't wait to start baking from it! So what a better way to start than at Easter. I have put a little twist to it as I am using Easter inspired cupcake cases and mini eggs for the top! However the recipe is from Tanya Burr's book!!

You will need :-

  • 50g Salted Butter
  • 300g Mini Marshmallows
  • 150g Rice Krispies 
  • Dairy Milk Chocolate 
  • Easter Cup Cake Cases 
  • Mini Eggs 
  • Cupcake Tin

Step 1-
Line the cupcake tin with the cases and pop to one side, all ready to be filled with the yummy ingredients and then melt the 50g of salted butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.

Step 2-
Pour the marshmallows into pan and stir till fully melted. Once fully melted take the pan off of the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies until they are all fully coated. 

Step 3-
Evenly spread out the mixture into the cupcake cases, and pop two mini eggs onto the top, leave to one side to cool.

Step4-
While the Rice Krispies are cooling, melt the Dairy Milk chocolate in the microwave, ensuring you do 1 minute intervals to avoid burning the chocolate.

Step 5-
Once the Rice Krispies are fully cool, pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag or Zip lock bag and cut a small hole in one corner. carefully zigzag over each cupcake! 

Then unwrap from the packaging and dive straight in! These have got to be one of the most yummiest Rice Krispies cakes I have ever tasted! Thank you Tanya Burr for creating such tasty treats!








Have a wonderful Easter Sunday!

Emily xx





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments