The Most Popular Baby Names Of 2018

By EmilyCooper - April 17, 2018


Going back to last year when we were thinking about baby names, it was such a hard choice for me and my husband. We didn't actually have a set name until Amelia was born and when you choose a name for your special little bundle of joy it's got to be the one... its not something you just randomly think of, it's got to be the one. Before Amelia was born we had narrowed it down to 3 names - 'Amelia', 'Hallie' and 'Lilly', these were the names that we really liked but never wanted to settle on one just in case she didn't look like one, but also we could never agree. I actually fell in love with 'Harper' but my husband never agreed with me, which is quite annoying because I can usually persuade him, but this time he wasn't having any of it! Anyways you will understand if your a mum reading this what I mean, when I say this... when Amelia was born, we didn't call her anything until we got down onto the labour ward, both sat with her, looked at each other and went... it's Amelia, she just looks like an Amelia. And that was it! It's a very emotional feeling that you get when you finally have that name for your little baby in your arms! 

But for those mumma's out there who are expecting, I know just how hard it can be. Do you stay traditional or do you go for something a little different? It's the question I asked myself through out the whole pregnancy. To help you all out I have put together a list of the top 10 names of boys and girls from last year and the current! It's not much difference!

For 2017 the top 10 Girls names were :    
                             
  1. Sophia
  2. Olivia
  3. Emma
  4. Ava
  5. Isabella
  6. Mia
  7. Aria
  8. Riley
  9. Zoe
  10. Amelia                                                              
For 2018 Top 10 Girls Names Are -

  1. Emma
  2. Olivia
  3. Ava
  4. Isabella
  5. Sophia
  6. Amelia
  7. Mia
  8. Charlotte
  9. Harper
  10. Mila
For 2017 Top 10 Boys Names Were -

  1. Jackson
  2. Liam
  3. Noah
  4. Aiden
  5. Lucas
  6. Caden
  7. Grayson
  8. Mason
  9. Elijah
  10. Logan                      
For 2018 Top 10 Boys Names Are -

  1. Liam
  2. Noah
  3. Logan
  4. Oliver
  5. Mason
  6. Lucas
  7. Ethan
  8. Elijah
  9. Aiden
  10. James

As you can see the top names haven't changed much since last year, a couple different ones added and taken, for instance, Charlotte and Harper making an appearance, and those two names were also in my list of names I had. Also James making an appearance in the top 10 boys names. I'm a lover for traditional names and old fashioned names as well, and if anything that's what swayed me towards more of a traditional name because if we were to have had a boy (I do pray I have one, one day) I wanted to call him 'Arthur'. There was always something about that name that I loved very much! Lets hope next time I might have a little boy!  Little Amelia and Arthur.... Oh that sounds so dam cute!

Are any of your babies names any of these??

Emily xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments