Weymouth - Our First Holiday

By EmilyCooper - April 24, 2018

When we first booked this trip way back in October last year, Amelia was a matter or weeks old... Oh my little bubba! Back then I was so excited to imagine what she would look like, how she would be and what to expect for our first holiday away. It excited me as I new that this holiday would be different from the rest, but I didn't want to stop doing what we had done as a family before, I wanted to carry that on and show that just because we have a baby now  It doesn't mean we have to stop what we was doing we just had to change it up a little bit. But I new it would be perfect what ever we got up to. 




We travelled down on the Monday and stopped once on the way for a nice Starbucks, I love a chi tea late! Had a wee and carried on down. Not sure if any of your guys have gone down to Weymouth but its a lovely place to be and stay. We have come here most years since I was a little girl and have recently over the past few years come back. We stayed at a caravan site called 'Little Sea', its got a lovely complex and facilities with a great bar haha! On the travel up we did come across a problem, the Luxury lodge we had booked and paid for last October had been sold... Great. But the lovely team at Little Sea gave us some options. So now not just having one luxury lodge we ended up with 2, mainly because it needed to sleep 8 people so we got a choice of having a small 3 bed caravan or 2, 2 bedroom lodges instead of the 1, 3 bedroom lodge we initially booked. So we picked the 2, 2 bedroom lodges as there was plenty of space for us all. Yes it was rubbish as we was all meant to be in the same lodge but it is what it is. The Haven team made sure that we was happy and had everything we needed. Yes they might have made a mistake but they made up for it in the end.





Travelling with a little one scared me on the lead up to our holiday, everything in my mind was thinking of the what ifs? Other reasons  because 1, I don't breast feed so I don't have milk on tap and 2, everything you have to take with you, I'm going to upload a "10 top tips on going on holiday" blog post at the end of the week to explain how I got threw it and what I'm going to do differently next time! Trust me... it actually wasn't as bad as i thought, maybe going to another country is going to be different, I guess we will find out in 5 weeks time!! 



The 5 days we spent there was lovely, we went swimming with Amelia, which she absolutely loved, I have taken her swimming before but this time round it wasn't in a baby pool and it was very busy. But that didn't faze her at all, we popped her into her swimming float (which i so recommend getting) as she could then kick her legs about and enjoy herself! We popped into the town centre, had some lunch on the beach front and went into the big amusements they had! The town centre has got to be one of my favourite places, the beach is amazing all sandy and so much to do down there for the kids! We chilled out most afternoons and played with Amelia, went down to the amusements on the complex and most evening's, Amelia was asleep by 7.30, in her buggy all snug and we sat and had a drink for the evening. What more could you want?  Our lodge was amazing and the space we had we defiantly needed, being able to lay Amelia down on the floor and play with her was lovely, or sit on the decking outside in the beautiful sunshine was so relaxing. For us three and my mum it was great... For my brother, his girlfriend, my sister and my dad. Not so! My brother and his girlfriend ended up with the sickness bug, my sister with tonsillitis and an ear infection and my dad with tooth ache! What a nightmare! By the time it was the day to leave the majority of them were feeling better! Maybe next year will be better?? ha ha!!





I couldn't be any happier with the time away we had, getting to spend quality family time is hard, we generally only get one day a week due to working commitments and it's tough, so spending 1 whole week together as a family was great, it was lovely for my husband to get that good time with Amelia that I get daily at home and it was lovely for me to be able to relax! Yes I had lots of hands around me to help with Amelia!



I am definitely coming back next year when Amelia will be that little bit older, seeing her enjoy all the kids evening entertainment and all the characters excites me, she did see a couple this year and loved them, lets home when we come back she loves them even more! I would defiantly recommend going to a caravan park, especially this one, the staff are so friendly and helpful, the food on site was amazing and I love that it's so child friendly.  




Emily xx





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments