Amelia's Bedroom

By EmilyCooper - May 08, 2018


I think me and my husband had put off moving Amelia into her own room for so long, but it got to the point not only was she ready, but she was no longer able to stretch out in her Snuzpod, she was very uncomfortable and you could see she just needed more space. 

I never wanted to let go of her being my little newborn baby and I loved waking up next to her, she would always give me the biggest smile when I popped my head over the cot to see her and I must admit I miss that right now! But I knew if she was going to be there any longer then the change into her room would just get harder and harder. It was the right thing to do but also the hardest thing I have ever had to do!


Going from having no baby in your room (just my husband) to having another human being next to me in the beginning was scary, it took me a while to adjust to it all. The noises she used to make, every single move she did would wake me up, or I would just lye there making sure she was breathing or lay there staring at her. Those moments you can never get back so I wanted to embrace them the best I could! Now I don't have Amelia lying next to me it's taking some time to get used to again. The amount of time I get up in the night just to make sure that she is okay, like why wouldn't she be? She's in a cot with sides, no blanket or anything harmful, just herself, her dummy and her bunny! I just get scared something might happen so getting up and having broken sleep is just something i have to deal with to enable me to go back to sleep again! How the brain works right? Please don't tell me I'm the only crazy mum that does this!

The first couple of nights went really well, yes she woke up a couple of times but nothing her dummy couldn't get her back off with. She's had a couple of nights of waking up and the only way to get her back off was a bottle! I was just so desperate for that night feed to drop, once that was gone, now means I can finally get up help her settle and pop back into bed! I find the night feed wakes me up to much and I can't get back to sleep for ages! NIGHTMARE! 


Anyways a couple months later and were still going strong, she goes down around 7-7.30, till around 10 when I dream feed her, (i don't think she needs it, but she drinks it all). She then wakes up maybe 2-3 times between 2 and half 5 (sometimes I give her a bottle, but mostly not) and then normally up around 6.30-7! So were getting there and I'm slowly and proudly helping her along the way! Sleeping in her own room, made me so nervous at the start, but I'm starting to settle and I am looking forward to the nights were she can maybe wake once in the night and then all the way through. It's important for her to get those 12 hours and I'm also looking for a full night without broken sleep! Lets hope the bigger she gets the more she likes her sleep. If she's anything like her mum then she will be sleeping all the time haha! 



Are any of you babies sleeping through??

Emily xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments