Amelia's Turned 8 Months

By EmilyCooper - May 12, 2018

Okay, so I really need to get better at planning and uploading these in time for her (birthday) of the month. I'm always so late uploading these! whops! 8 Months though? Where is the time going... I return to work next month and it only feels like yesterday I was leaving. How crazy is it when time flies! 



Sitting Up

Finally only 8 months later has Amelia decided that its time to sit up on her own, in aided with no support. I think she actually did this a week or so before she was 8 months but i cant believe how long it has taken her. I thought she would be really quick at learning this because all she has wanted to do since she was around 4 ish months is to sit up. But its all fine we got there in the end, all babies are different and it just took mine a little longer! So along with taking longer to do things, she's not crawling, she attempts to move while on her belly but just seems to roll over! Maybe more tummy time is needed!! 

Speaking

Speaking is a very strong word, I would more call it babbaling. Whatever it is, its cute, adorable and funny. She has learnt how to say 'DaDa', and remembered she had learnt this and fancied trying it out for about 2 hours in the middle of the night the other day. How fun that was, there was nothing we could do but laugh and listen to her. Just imagining what was going though her head at 12 o'clock at night! Her new thing to do is, fake cough and laugh at everything and everyone. It's quite funny, I don't no were she has got it from but I think she must be copping someone!!


Sleeping

Sleeping pattern is generally going at the same pace, if you have read Amelia's 7 month update I was explaining her whole sleeping pattern on there so go and have a read about it because nothing has changed. The only thing related to her sleeping that has changed is her way of sleeping. She has decided that lying on her front flat out is the way she wants to sleep, now the first couple of night this freaked me out and I couldn't sleep, worried and just unsure as to why she was doing this but what could I do? Every time I put her back on her back she rolled over onto her belly and got the hump with me. The whole thing while your pregnant and when their first born is... put them to sleep on their backs at the bottom of the cot. Well my child has to be typical, on her belly at the top of the cot in the corner with most likely one arm and one leg hanging out the side... must be comfy right?

Appearance

I now appreciate why I write these posts because I can start to look back and see how much she is changing, and over the past month is when I have noticed another big change in her. Not only is her hair getting so long and thick but her while appearance is changing, she's looking more like a little girl than a baby, her face is starting to change and the way she is starting to do things is more toddler like than baby baby like. It gets me all teary thinking that is less than 4 months she will be 1 year old! I will have a 1 year old baby!! CRAZY! Another thing that is making her look older is her teeth, she looks so cheeky with them. Over the past month and a bit she has got her bottom 2 teeth cut and come through with the top 2 cutting and coming down. This is causing her a lot of pain and she has had all the symptoms going with them, runny bum, little bit of nappy rash, snotty nose, everything you could think off and I feel so sad for her! But hopefully when the other 2 fully cut and come down she might have a little break before any more come in! 


Food

Food is always a big topic in my house, especially when it comes to feeding Amelia. its not as simple as going to the fridge and getting the milk pouring it over some cereal and giving it to her or getting a yogurt and spoon feeding that to her or even giving her a piece of toast with butter. All food that we give Amelia we have to make sure that it doesn't contain dairy, and this on a daily basis is very difficult. But some how we manage and its not long now until we can try her with some basic food containing milk to see what reaction she has to this. Hopefully she will have outgrown her milk intolerance because its so hard. but it will be what will be.

Toys

This is a topic I'm finding a little hard, toys are a big must for Amelia she loves toys and anything that can keep her entertained, but lately i have found that some of her toys shes just not interested in anymore and I'm now struggling to find the next toy section? maybe this is just me but i don't no what is next to move onto as she's not crawling or walking so she doesn't need a walker out just yet but rattles and soft toys are just boring. If you could think of any toys that your babies love than let me know. I think I'm going to have to go out on a toy hunt to see what other toys for an 8 months old are out there!! 


Comment down below how old your babies are or go over to my Instagram and give me a follow, I'm sure ill follow you back :) @emilyyjcooperr

Emily xx



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments